Sunday, April 5, 2009

We made it to Pasto!




We arrived in Bogota late Saturday night and then took a flight to Pasto today.
The mountains are breathtaking. I almost wish I would have tried to take some pictures in the taxi ride from the airport to the city, but they probably would have been really blurry as our taxi was constantly swerving and really I wanted both hands free to hang on around those fast curves! I am hoping to have many more photo opportunities here, since it is unlike anything we've seen before. Majestic mountains with their tops in the clouds, covered in lush green plants and trees. We even saw a couple of small waterfalls. Cows were grazing on mountain sides so steep, I wondered how they could even stand up, and dogs were a frequent site, just happily roaming the streets.

Tomorrow is our "encuentro" in which we will meet Sofia for the first time. I'll be lucky if I can get any sleep tonight. Good thing the coffee here is strong :o)


4 comments:

  1. WOW! How incredibly exciting! I'm sure sleep was difficult. We are looking forward to the day when we are in Colombia to pick up our young ones. Could be a while though. Blessings as you take these 1st steps as parents! Enjoy the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your descriptions of the incredible moutainsides make me wish we were back there. Hopefully you were able to rest a little. Best wishes on your life-changing encuentro! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can't wait to watch the journey unfold!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome you guys! I bet today was a full day with all the Sofia "firsts" with you. I hope all is going well. Thinking about you a ton!!
    Can't wait to hear more. :)

    ReplyDelete